Robust & versatile recycled plastic sheeting
for many uses
A Versatile Alternative to Plywood Sheeting
Have you ever wondered if any useful products came back from all that recycled plastic from farms? The answer is yes and it is a very useful product called Stokbord, which is readily available through your local FRS office for a wide range of uses.
Stokbord can be used as an alternative to plywood and is a very versatile product, which can be used in a variety of applications.
- Made from recycled polyethylene
- Standard Sizes 8 ft* 4ft sheets with 6, 9 and 12 mm dept
- It can act as an insulator
- It won’t become brittle or Fade when exposed to sunlight; it absorbs UV Rays
- It is reasonably Flexible
- It can be pressure washed
- It is Chew Resistant and is Non-Toxic
- Ideal for cladding walls of horseboxes, as it won’t dent when the horse kicks and won’t cause any harm to the animal.
- Stokbord is excellent for van floors, as material won’t scratch easily.
Additional Stokbord Uses:
- Cattle Races
- Sheeting Gates
- Sheeting Doors
- Lining Buildings
- Feed Trailer Floors
- Grain Stores & Bins
- Lining Troughs
- Sheep Races & Pens
- Replacing Tin Sheeting
- On Ring Feeders
- To allow for slight movement once the stokbord has been fixed, make the holes in the board 2mm larger than the screws.
- Use round-headed screws or a washer and bolt. Don’t use countersunk screws.
- Ideally Stokbord should be fixed onto batons on the wall spaced 2-4ft apart. However, you can screw directly to the wall but most people attach to batons or plywood.
See Farmers Journal article here Stokbord Feature in FJ.